Welcome to America's Battle of the Books,
America's Battle of the Books, ABB, is a reading incentive program for students in grades 3rd-12th. Students read books and come together to demonstrate their abilities and test their knowledge of the books they have read. The competitions are similar in style to the TV series Family Feud or Whiz Kids styles of competition, but the structure and format of the competitions may vary depending on the needs, resources and personal preferences at various school sites or at the regional/state competition levels.
America's Battle of the Books offers resources to students, parents, schools (public or private), librarians, home schools and international schools.
Our resources include:
- Questions to our books lists
- Training DVD for Battle of the Books participants
- Information on how to get started including a Starter Kit Membership
- The "how to" in operating a battle in your area or at your school site
- Listing of possible sponsors and resources
- Contacts to support and increase your success at your battles
- ABBA Membership (America's Battle Of The Books Association)
- Free technical support and information
- Various types and grade level memberships
We a family business regarding 'memberships' and have started a 501©(3) nonprofit for future state and national competitions. If you would like to sponsor or help organize a state-wide competition in your particular state, please contact us. America's Battle of the Books is operated by a volunteer staff of educators; and our logo, questions, program, and competition format are copyrighted. No individual or entity may use any of our materials or duplicated our materials without our written permission.
Membership is required to participate in America's Battle of the Books. The yearly membership fee depends on the grade(s) and level(s) of competition. Most of our resources are free, including the questions, but each school site, organization, or home school group must have a registered member of America's Battle of the Books Association (ABBA) in order to receive our services.
Sincerely-the staff at America's Battle of the Books